Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Clinical Operations, CCM - Portland - 723354
at UnitedHealth Group
The Director, Clinical Operations, CCM will be responsible for the support of clinical operations serving a complex, chronically acutely ill population. This role is responsible for providing clinical support, development and implementation of existing and new markets and businesses. The role supports and guides the local clinical / operational leadership and monitors key metrics and works with markets to improve and maintain results.
The DCO will work with Assisted Living, Memory Care and SNFs and will promote best practices among markets as well as operational consistencies and excellence. They will function as coach / mentor and business subject matter expert to the field while working closely with senior leadership. The market consists of: Clark County, WA; Oregon Counties of: Washington, Clackamas, Multnomah, Yamhill, Marion, Linn, Benton, Lane.
- Provides direction as SME related to business operations processes and procedures
- Drives and supports operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Contributes as requested to development of model of care
- Develop and manage customer relationships as needed
- Maintains oversight of Coding and Documentation requirements
- Support markets including staff, market growth and clinical needs
- Oversight of utilization and metrics across the markets
- Work with market clinical leadership on oversight of medical cost management
- Support new business implementations at local market level as needed
- Lead new initiatives as assigned
- Keep all staff / team / CNO updated on work and pertinent issues
- Work with new implementations, new business for existing markets
- Provide input to contracting process
- May lead implementation for team on new projects at onset
- Partner on interviewing clinical leadership and staff
- Insures new clinical staff on - boarding is achieved
- Act as mentor / support / consultant to market clinical leaders
- Provide feedback to Market VP, Regional Presidents on clinical market function
- Monitors clinical outcomes and financial metrics of markets
- Follow up / communicate on best practices and gaps in performance
- Work with market clinical leads to insure work plans are in place for gaps in metrics
- RN required, NP or PA preferred
- 5+ years hands - on clinical experience
- 2 or more years clinical management experience
- Experience providing guidance on tactical execution driving toward optimal clinical results
- Ability to travel up to 50+% within the Oregon market day travel (5% other travel)
- 2 or more years demonstrated presentation skills, strong communication skills
- 1 or more year experience analyzing data and setting goals driving for data driven results
- Experience developing markets and / or clinical staff
- Experience evaluating / assessing and develop market clinical action plans including metrics and staff oversight
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical, Operations, Management, CCM, RN, NP, PA, Portland, Oregon, OR