Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Accountant, FT
at Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Seven Feathers Casino Resort
OR-Canyonville - Seven Feathers Casino Resort
# of openings:
Responsible for properly performing various activities related to general ledger reconciliation. General ledger, accounts receivable and cash receipts posting in accordance with established policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Post cash transactions and reconciles bank account activity daily.
- Processes monthly general ledger entries, reconciliations and account analysis.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in preparing monthly financial statements in a timely manner.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
- Prepares monthly accruals.
- Assists Accounting Manager in monitoring cash flows.
- Balances fixed asset accounts to the fixed asset details. Records asset additions and disposals in the FAS system. Calculates depreciation. Reconciles FAS system to the general ledger and posts depreciation.
- Maintains Accounts Receivable information for related properties and prepares monthly billing. Researches past due invoices.
- Informs the Accounting Manager of problems, concerns or other accounting issues and possible resolutions.
- Conducts periodic reviews of accounting records to insure they are kept in compliance with the properties established retention period.
- Prepare special reports and a variety of business related statistical and financials reports.
- Maintains strict confidentiality relative to financial data.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager and the CFO.
- High school diploma and some college course works for accounting.
- 3-4 years’ experience in an accounting office or accounting department.
- Basic knowledge of accounting filing systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Navision accounting software and FAS Asset Accounting is preferred.
- Requires strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Knowledge in all aspects of the accounting operation including accounts receivable, accounts payable and generally accepted accounting principles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10-key by touch.
- Ability to effectively deal with guests and team members concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the guest and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively with team members and guests.