Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Cow Creek Government Office
OR-Roseburg-Cow Creek Government Office
# of openings:
The Housing Director has the responsibility to design, develop, and maintain new and existing housing inventory for the overall needs of the Tribal Community. The Director administers the Housing Program according to Tribal guidelines, makes recommendations to the Board accordingly, and must demonstrate full comprehension of NAHASDA, IHBG and CDBG Grant Management. Additional duties may include Property Management of Tribal related assets.
- Complete and submit Indian Housing Plans for IHBG, which includes performance reports.
- Creating programs such as home buyer down payment assistance, rental assistance for off Tribal property needs and home owners repair assistance using IHBG funding.
- Coordinate, monitor and maintain low income housing program which includes; planning, construction, agency reporting and development of low income housing guidelines/ policies and procedures for applicant eligibility with a priority list based on need for placement.
- Assists eligible applicants in obtaining down payment assistance which includes coordination with realtors, financial institutions, and title companies.
- Determines eligibility status for all applicants in all relevant housing programs.
- Budget monitoring/ reporting of all relevant programs monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Works both in an office environment and in the field as required and must be willing and have the capability to travel to various conferences and workshops.
- Plan, organize and develope public meetings to communicate the development of housing programs within the Tribal community
- Develops programs to provide financial assistance to eligible Tribal Members with housing issues or other issues that may assist the Member in obtaining permanent housing
- Provide program services for Tribal Members including household budgeting and preparation and implementation of routine housing maintenance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Housing field
- Strong working knowledge of OMB Circulars, HUD and TDHE programs and Indirect Cost principles
- Analytical skills, Critical skills
- Ability to manage government grants and contracts
- Ability to negotiate and manage vendor and construction contracts
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Strategic and logistical planning skills
- Effective written and oral communications and math skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to display and enforce professional standards of conduct
- Current and valid Oregon Driver’s License with the ability to qualify for the Drivers Program.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance at all times (specific standards available)
****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW: