Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Buffet Sous Chef, FT
at Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
Seven Feathers Casino Resort
OR-Canyonville - Seven Feathers Casino Resort
# of openings:
Assist the Executive Chef in the efficient operation of the culinary department. Coordinates and participates in the activities of cook and other kitchen staff engaging in preparing and cooking foods in the Resort restaurants, banquets, and designated areas.
- Provides guidance and direction to the staff. Makes recommendations to the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef regarding hiring, development and discipline of kitchen staff.
- Supervises staff engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and size are as prescribed.
- Gives instructions to cooking personnel in the fine points of cooking. Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. Involved in menu development and rotation.
- Cooks and carves meats, prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush meal periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Actively involved with the Executive Chef in menu development, costing, procedures, documentation, and implementation.
- Ensures a proper turnover of products in order to ensure the highest level of product freshness.
- Contributes to the high moral and well being of personnel in his charge.
- Provides constructive input to foster process improvement within the department.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate. Completion of a culinary school or other vocational school that focuses on the culinary arts preferred.
- 5 or more years experience in fine dining or hotel/restaurant operations required.
- Experience in all areas of the kitchen necessary
- 21 years of age.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks at once.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Analytical/mathematics skills essential.
- Able to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Current Food Handler Certificate or ServSafe Certificate required.
- Current OLCC License required.
- Must be able to obtain a Class I Gaming License.