Umpqua Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welding Instructor - Part-time POOL
at Umpqua Community College
- General Description
PLEASE NOTE: Completed applications are placed into a pool of candidates and applications are reviewed as assignments become available. Pools are posted based on the possible availability of a future assignment which are sporadic and may not occur. Should a review of your application result in the intent to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email for an interview.
JOB TITLE: Part Time Welding Instructor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Department Chair and Dean of Career & Technical Education
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Part time instructor for Umpqua Community College's Welding Program
- Essential Functions
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Teach a variety of courses in the field of Industrial Materials (Metallurgy) and Materials Joining (Welding)
- Meets each assigned class with punctuality and enthusiasm
- Implements class activities that will promote maximum learning
- Submit reports as requested including class rosters, grade reports, grade books, textbook requests, inventories, and final examinations
- Covers the usual course content as described in the approved course outline, and provides sufficient exposure to the material so that students will satisfactorily proceed to the next course in sequence and/or courses in the program
- Carries out college policies in all aspects that relate to the position
- Provide students with sufficient opportunity for consultation and conference
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Hearing voice conversations, sitting, standing, walking occurs in this job daily; Bending,gripping hands & fingers, kneeling, lifting/carrying 0-52 pounds, reaching, stooping occurs regularly
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Evidence of successful full or part time teaching of skilled trade related Industrial Materials and Material Joining, in industrial training, adult vocational education, or community college level trade or technical programs.
- Demonstrated successful experiences in curricular and teaching innovation
- Demonstrated ability for high level or organization, prioritizing, and logical reasoning to use established procedures/policies in making decisions
- Competent skill in operating Computers, multiple styles of printers, copier, calculator, and various types of software
- Ability to work with and be able to assist a wide variety of persons from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Associates Degree in related subject required, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of verifiable related job experience in teaching and/or Journeyman status in related industries
- The applicant must have current or expired welding certifications from the American Welding Society (AWS) as a certified welder
- Supplemental Information
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
For full consideration applicants must submit with their application:
1. A cover letter which addresses your interest in and how you meet the minimum qualification requirements for the position;
2. Current resume that includes educational and professional work experience;
3. A list of 3 professional references listing contact information including email address;
Umpqua Community College Honors Veterans Preference
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans' Preference when applying with Umpqua Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be given only if the applicant meets the minimum criteria of the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
• Member Copy 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215)
• or ...
• Letter from the US Department of Veterans' Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension.
• Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website.
For information regarding Veterans' Preference qualifications, visit www.oregonjobs.com.
If you wish to self-identify under Section 503 as an individual with a disability, please provide this information by completing Department of Labor Form CC-305 available at www.dol.gov.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
Umpqua Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, handicaps or veterans status. This policy affirms UCC's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist.
Employment with Umpqua Community College is contingent upon background check approval.