Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Intensive Care Unit Part-Time Nights
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:11301_10300 Intensive Care Unit
Expected Weekly Hours:24
Shift:12 Hour Night Shift
Position Purpose:At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
Job Description Details:
We are looking to hire a Registered Nurse for our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in our Ontario Hospital off I-84 in Ontario, Oregon. This position is part time nights, with two 12 hour shifts per week.
As an RN at Saint Alphonsus Health System, you will provide hands-on patient care while collaborating with colleagues, maintaining accurate documentation, and utilizing resources wisely. You will serve as a patient advocate by promoting their physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being. You will also be expected to educate patients, administer prescribed medications and treatments, and develop care plans based on patient needs.
About this Position: RN's working on the intensive care unit (ICU) will care for high acuity patients. We are a fast-paced department that thrives on teamwork and passion to provide excellent care. Our ideal candidate is a dedicated team player who loves to learn and truly enjoys their calling in critical care nursing.
- Uses the Nursing Process in Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of patient care
- Effectively delegates duties to care givers (LPNs/CNAs), and manages shift work duties in an organized and consistent manner
- Medication Administration Effectiveness
- Actively involved in Quality Improvement and best practices initiatives
- Effective Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Interdepartmental collaboration to maximize patient services effectiveness in contributing to overall organization effectiveness and success
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred.
- Must be licensed in the State of Oregon as a Registered Nurse.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support for HealthCare Provider (ACLS) certification required or obtained within 6 months of hire
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support for HealthCare Provider (PALS) certification required or obtained within 6 months of hire.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health!
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture, and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.