Tigard-Tualatin School District (Upward Bound)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Subsitute Bus Driver -SPED
at Tigard-Tualatin School District (Upward Bound)
JOB TITLE: Bus Driver-Substitute position
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Transportation Manager
Start Date: September 9, 2019 as needed
GENERAL DUTIES SUMMARY:
Employees in this classification are responsible to transport students in a safe, secure manner and in a respectful and nurturing environment.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Employees in this classification must possess the requisite skill, experience, education, and ability to perform the essential functions of the job required with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must possess the mental skills and abilities to:
- Follow written or oral instructions with minimal repetition and supervision. Comply with District procedures, policies and safety guidelines;
- Learn and practice the laws, regulations, proper driving procedures as contained in the Oregon Motor Vehicles Division Driver’s Manual and CDL Manual and the Oregon Department of Education/Pupil Transportation Manual and the District Transportation Manual;
- Maintain a driving record that conforms to the requirements of the State Department of Education;
- Learn and implement quickly new laws governing traffic safety, passenger loading and student discipline;
- Understand and follow emergency procedures in a crisis situation to ensure the safety of the students (i.e. accidents, road rage, bus breakdowns, earthquakes, assaults);
- Drive safely during all weather conditions;
- Maintain discipline of high needs students during the pick-up, transportation and delivery of students;
- Maintain confidentiality of any information which may include but not be limited to students behavior, health, special needs, program, changes, staff members;
- Keep timely, legible records and reports;
- Remain flexible when schedules, traffic and emergency needs interrupt the regular flow of work
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, dispatch, staff, students, parents and community;
- Associate with physically and emotionally handicapped students in the prescribed appropriate manner;
- Be available to attend District sponsored training;
- Inspect buses daily, reporting problems in writing to supervisor;
- Anticipate problems with routes, traffic and/or students and bring to supervisor’s immediate attention;
- Regular and punctual attendance;
- Participate in a random drug and alcohol misuse prevention program required by Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991;
- Must meet the qualifications of Oregon Department of Education requirements of OAR 581-053-0006;
- Drivers must meet physical qualification for commercial drivers listed in title 49 CFR 391.41—391.49.
- Spanish Preferred
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION AND CAPABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience driving a school bus with special needs students preferred.
- A driving record that conforms to the requirements of the State Department of Education for issuance of a school bus driver’s license.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and proper driving procedures as contained in the Oregon Motor Vehicles Division Driver’s manual and CDL.
- Hold or acquire upon employment a valid first aid card and maintain throughout employment.
- All employees must be able to communicate safety concerns in an effective manner. Employees with English as a second language must be able to communicate their need for clarification and/or interpretation of directions. Be willing to attend English class as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physical demands: 6-8 hour shift of driving a school bus within a 10 hour period.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all times, remain alert at all times, recognize and appropriately respond to emergencies as well as routine safety concerns, must be able to recognize and effectively resolve risks to students or others within the working area.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibility, skill, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the positions activities and requirements, the administrations reserve the right to modify, and or remove duties and assign duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department.
Job Contact Information
Monday, August 26, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)