Tigard-Tualatin School District (Upward Bound)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reposted-Custodial/Janitorial Building Specialist 1- Floater
at Tigard-Tualatin School District (Upward Bound)
JOB TITLE: Building Specialist 1, Floater
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
FTE: 1.0 (8 hours) Hours for this position vary. Applicant needs to be flexible.
POSITION START DATE: August 16, 2019
GENERAL DUTIES SUMMARY:
Employees in this classification are responsible for cleanliness, upkeep, and general care of buildings and grounds. The primary responsibility is to provide students, staff, and community with a safe, comfortable, & clean environment.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential requirements and responsibilities of this position are listed below. Employees in this position must possess the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Follow written or oral instructions with minimal repetition and supervision. Comply with District procedures, policies, and safety guidelines
- Understand when and how to use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to reduce exposure to, but not limited to, blood borne pathogens, heights, chemicals, vehicle safety, propane and other equipment
- Customer service & interpersonal skills: properly respond to requests, adjust schedules to meet the needs of the building, provide or ask for help to complete tasks/repairs. Effectively communicate with students, staff, parents, and community including diverse cultures, backgrounds, and languages. Work harmoniously with others
- Complete required safety & maintenance checklists. Perform duties associated with the checklists. Use good judgment and follow safety guidelines for care and upkeep of the building and grounds
- Learn & perform all aspects of cleaning, upkeep, and care of building. They include, but will not be limited to: Cleaning, floor care-wax, finish, strip (carpet, VCT, gym, concrete), painting, minor repairs (basic plumbing, flooring, drywall, roofing), furniture moving, disinfecting, filter changes, power washing, staff work orders, general grounds work (mowing, weeding, raking, pruning, edging)
- Schedules: Adhere to schedules. Plan, provide, and organize work in an efficient & timely manner. Time management skills are essential to providing and producing sufficient work.
- Exercise good judgment during emergencies
- Maintain a clean and neat personal appearance. Follow District uniform/dress code guidelines
- Insure energy conservation practices are in use
- Regular and punctual attendance
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND CAPABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED equivalent or combination of experience & education for one year of general floor care & three years cleaning experience. Must be able to read, write, and/or comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), follow instructions on chemicals, equipment, procedures, schedules, and timelines, fill out order forms, accident reports, and any necessary documents to perform the duties in this position
- Hold a current Oregon or Washington Drivers license
- Maintain personal vehicle insurance at all times in a level acceptable to the District. Must maintain an acceptable driving record as defined by the District and must be able to be insured by District’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Hold or acquire upon employment a valid first aid card and maintain throughout employment
- All employees must be able to communicate safety concerns in an effective manner. Employees with English as a second language must be able to communicate their need for clarification and/or interpretation of directions. Be willing to attend English class as requested by supervisor.
- Possess a working knowledge of custodial work, including the use of cleaning methods, materials, equipment. Ability to perform basic computer functions. Equivalent of 3 years custodial experience
- Ability to learn and adapt to new programs, HVAC systems, hand & power tools, procedures. Operate water, electrical, and ventilator systems as necessary
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & guide less skilled employees
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8 hour shift be able to stand/walk, use backpack vacuums (9-11lbs), stoop/bend, twist, reach, pull, grasp and use fine motor skills including hand manipulation. Occasionally (up to 33% of the day) climb ladders, balance, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb to gym ceiling heights, use scaffolding, walk roofs, and climb in to and out of boiler rooms. Must be able to frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all times, remain alert at all times, recognize and appropriately respond to emergencies as well as routine safety concerns, must be able to recognize and effectively resolve risks to students or other customers within the area.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Tigard-Tualatin School District 23J and Oregon School Employees Association Chapter 51.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a 12 month assignment on the I range of the Classified Salary Schedule. Performance of this job will be in accordance with the provisions in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Tigard-Tualatin School District 23J and Oregon School Employees Association Chapter 51.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, the administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)