Tigard-Tualatin School District (Upward Bound)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodial Utility Technician
at Tigard-Tualatin School District (Upward Bound)
JOB TITLE: Custodial Utility Cleaner
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Custodial Manager, Custodial Supervisor
FTE: 1.0 (8 hours per day)
POSITION START DATE: As soon as possible
GENERAL DUTIES SUMMARY:
Employees in this classification are responsible for cleanliness, upkeep, and general care of buildings and grounds. The primary responsibility is to provide students, staff, and community with a safe, comfortable, & clean environment.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential requirements and responsibilities of this position are listed below. Employees in this position must possess the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Follow written or oral instructions; comply with District procedures, policies, and safety guidelines
- Understand when and how to use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to reduce exposure to, but not limited to, blood borne pathogens, heights, chemicals, vehicle safety, propane and other equipment
- Customer service & interpersonal skills: properly respond to requests, adjust schedules to meet the needs of the building, communicate issues/repairs to Team Leader/Custodial Supervisor; effectively communicate with students, staff, parents, and community including diverse cultures, backgrounds, and languages; work harmoniously with others
- Learn & perform all aspects of cleaning. They include, but will not be limited to: Cleaning, floor care-wax, finish, strip, buff (carpet, VCT, gym, concrete), painting, furniture moving, disinfecting, power washing, assist with filter changes, staff work orders, general grounds work (mowing, weeding, raking, pruning, edging)
- Adhere to schedules; follow direction and schedules assigned by Team Leader/Day Specialist; time management skills are essential to providing and producing sufficient work
- Work with minimal supervision; demonstrate and display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently
- Monitor, prepare, and clean up after building use activities, assuring users are in areas reserved & assigned; set up and/or tear down chairs, tables, scoreboards, dust mop gyms, etc.; secure school/building after an event
- Exercise good judgment during emergencies
- Maintain a clean and neat personal appearance; follow District uniform/dress code guidelines
- Insure energy conservation practices are in use
- Regular and punctual attendance
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND CAPABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. Must be able to read, write, and/or comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), follow instructions on chemicals, equipment, procedures, schedules, accident reports, and any necessary documents to perform the duties in this position
- Hold a current Oregon or Washington drivers license
- Maintain personal vehicle insurance at all times in a level acceptable to the District; must maintain an acceptable driving record as defined by the District and must be able to be insured by District’s vehicle insurance policy
- Hold or acquire upon employment a valid first aid card and maintain it throughout employment
- All employees must be able to communicate in an effective manner; employees with English as a second language must be able to communicate their need for clarification and/or interpretation of directions; employee should be willing to attend English class as requested by supervisor
- Learn and perform District supported cleaning methods including proper use and care of custodial materials and equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & guide less skilled employees
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 6-8 hour shift be able to repeatedly throughout shift stand/walk, use backpack vacuums (9-11lbs), stoop/bend, twist, reach, pull, grasping and fine hand manipulation; occasionally (up to 33% of the day) climb ladders, balance, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb to gym ceiling heights, use scaffolding, walk roofs, and climb in to and out of boiler rooms; must be able to frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all times, remain alert at all times, recognize and appropriately respond to emergencies as well as routing safety concerns, must be able to recognize and effectively resolve risks to students or other customers within the area
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Tigard-Tualatin School District 23J and Oregon School Employees Association Chapter 51.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a 12 month assignment on the E range of the Classified Salary Schedule. Upon completion of 24 months in this position and completion of 40 hours of classroom or hands on training in acceptable job related certifications and/or job techniques approved in advance by Operation Manager, this employee shall advance to the F range of the classified Salary Schedule. Performance of this job will be in accordance with the provisions in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Tigard-Tualatin School District 23J and Oregon School Employees Association Chapter 51.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, the administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)