The Wonderful Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician- Chemical Operations
at The Wonderful Company
In order to support Suterra's continued investment in sustainable technology, we are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to help us with repairing, maintaining and improving the physical assets and systems for manufacturing products. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintenance and repair of production equipment as well as driving projects for long-term improvements in safety, efficiency, capacity and compliance.
This role will interface closely with both external vendors and internal departments, including health & safety, engineering, supply chain management and production.
- Conducting preventive maintenance for our on-site production systems and equipment.
- Maintaining records of maintenance performed and parts and materials utilized.
- Working with Engineering to develop preventive maintenance programs for new equipment and utilities.
- Working with the Operations team to coordinate access to equipment and utilities with minimal impact on production.
- Coordinating preventive maintenance requiring outside vendor support, including requests for quotation, scheduling, safety orientation and permit issuance.
Troubleshooting & Repair:
- Working with our Maintenance, Engineering and Production teams to understand the root cause of issues that are affecting equipment or utility performance.
- Managing parts, tools, drawings and other resources required to facilitate safe and timely repairs.
- Providing recommendations and initiating projects to prevent the recurrence of production issues and breakdowns.
- Working with Facility and Process Engineering to generate and implement improvements that enhance safety and efficiency
- Supporting the safe installation of new tools and equipment
- Providing support to the broader Operations team with mechanical and fabrication work.
- At least two years' of maintenance experience in an industrial plant setting.
- Ability to use and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints and schematics.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems while understanding risks to resources and deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork across multiple functions of the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively
- Ability to respond outside of normal work hours to urgent site maintenance needs
Preferred Job Experience:
- Knowledge of control circuits and troubleshooting controls for pumps, motors and other electrical/mechanical systems in an industrial environment.
- Experience troubleshooting and installing programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Working knowledge of plumbing, compressed air, HVAC, building automation, and fire suppression systems.
- Strong understanding of pneumatic systems used for production equipment, including cylinder operation, manifold design, and troubleshooting valve assemblies.
- Valid driver's license with ability to drive company vehicles as needed
Suterra is the world's leading provider of environmentally sustainable products for crop protection and commercial pest control. The company is dedicated to researching, developing and commercializing safe and non-toxic products using naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life balance.
Suterra is the world's leading provider of biorational products for crop protection and commercial pest control. The company is dedicated to researching, developing and commercializing environmentally-friendly products using naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones. These products are non-toxic to humans and animals, leave no harmful residues on plants or in the soil, do not contaminate ground water and do not disrupt beneficial insect populations. Suterra's products are used on over three hundred thousand acres, and across six continents, around the globe.
Suterra is growing rapidly and investing heavily in new product development and active ingredient chemical synthesis. Suterra's parent company, The Wonderful Company, has invested over $80 million in a modern, state-of-the art facility in Bend, Oregon to synthesize active ingredients and manufacture proprietary dispensing technologies.
Suterra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.