The Portland Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Travel Clinic
at The Portland Clinic
Beaverton Office - Beaverton, Oregon
# of openings:
THE PORTLAND CLINIC
JOB TITLE: Travel Clinic
RN SUPERVISOR: Director of Nursing
HOURS PER WEEK: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm,
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Services
The following information is designed to outline the essential functions and position
requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the
performance standards that must be maintained.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide professional consultation and administration of all
aspects of medications and information related to travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (*Essential Functions)
1. Provide travel consultation for patients age 16 years and older at the Downtown location and all ages at the Beaverton location.*
2. Receive telephone calls regarding travel, assess and schedule patients as necessary. *
3. Offer information pertaining to diseases specific to travel itinerary, travel safety, vaccines, and medications. Document as appropriate.*
4. Call in or provide appropriate prescriptions according to standing order protocol and/or physician order. Document using TPC guidelines.*
5. Administer and document CDC recommended/required vaccinations appropriate for individual and destination.*
6. Place and read PPD skin tests. Order any appropriate lab titers or blood tests. Documentas appropriate.*
7. Conduct research via computer, telephone, internet, professional journals or publishe dtext, regarding all aspects of gathering information related to travel advice or medications.*
8. Follow The Portland Clinic (TPC) guidelines for documentation, including use of formsand computer data entry using Electronic Health Record (EHR).*
9. Comply with HIPAA regulations at all times.*
10. Follow OSHA and TPC guidelines and policies for the prevention of the spread ofbloodborne pathogens, including; maintaining a clean work environment, use of safety and personal protective equipment and engineering controls.*
11. Maintain safety standards such as use of patient safety equipment, knowledge of emergency procedures, use of handrails on stairs, body mechanics and ergonomics.*
12. Participate in code and triage team activities, maintain current CPR card. Maintain current ACLS or PALS if appropriate.
13. Attend nursing meetings and in-services.
14. Participate in certain committees to represent the nursing staff.
15. Counsel and educate patients regarding issues such as wound or injury care, diabetic teaching, symptom monitoring, back care, emotional issues and other health care related issues.
16. Participate as a team member and assist others as needed. Work under the minimal supervision of Physicians and/or Nurse Practitioners. *
17. Provide a leadership and supervisory role for LPNs, MAs and non-licensed personnel as appropriate. *
18. Participate as an active care team member in a patient-centered medical home.
19. Assist/float to other departments as needed.*
20. Employees will not be discourteous or disrespectful to a customer or any member of the public while in the course and scope of company business.*
21. Work in a cooperative manner with management/supervision, coworkers, customers and vendors.*
22. Abide by company policies.*
23. Maintain regular work attendance and punctuality.*
RN graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Valid Oregon Nursing License
Basic understanding of Medical Terminology
Current diagnosis and procedural coding
Basic understanding of infection control
Legalities of charting and telephone conversations
Values team success
Compassionate, patient and tactful
Shows an interest in taking action to increase his/her knowledge and development as an employee
Contributes to an environment where people feel valued
Strong patient assessment ability
Proficiency in charting and documentation
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and staff
Proficiency in Microsoft Windows
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work flow
Oral communication skills and excellent phone etiquette with an ability to convey and receive information via the telephone
Competency in language, grammar, and spelling
Ability to interact and establish a good rapport with people over the telephone and in person, often in stressful situations
Capability of effectively working on more than one task without a reduction in the quality of work and service performed
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations and to work under pressure
Ability to accept responsibility and use initiative to proceed with necessary tasks without direct