Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recovery Specialist I (Part-Time NOC/Fri-Sun) - Mental Health Program 206
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,510 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, Edgecliff Residential Treatment House is a five-bed residential treatment program for adults ages 18-59 with serious mental illness requiring 24 hour supervision.
Employment Status: Part-Time .6
Shift: NOC, 10:00 pm - 8:00 am
Days: Friday - Sunday
Sign-on Bonus: $500
The Recovery Specialist I provides care that responds to the physical and psychological needs of members served, and is consistent with recovery-centered care principles.
• High school or G.E.D.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to behavioral health issues and multi-cultural populations (e.g., exposure through family relationships, volunteering, or other previous experience(s) or coursework)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Assists in the welcome, admission, and discharge processes
• Supports and coaches members served in activities of daily living
• Ensures safety of members served through monitoring and observation; completes related documentation
• Monitors and assists members at mealtime
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
• Participates in and facilitates rehabilitation therapy groups and activities, as needed
• Implements treatment of care plans
• Helps to create a recovery environment through interactions with staff and members served
• Collects stool, urine and other specimens, as requested on assigned members served
• Obtains vital signs and weights, as assigned
• Practices standard precautions at all times
• Participates actively in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
• Demonstrates knowledge of PART principles and techniques
• Informs the charge nurse of observed behavior and conditions
• Observes, records, and reports client social, psychiatric, and physical behavior; demonstrates the ability to recognize changes in client milieu and makes modifications in care giving methods
• Reviews admission documentation and assists in collecting assessment data
• If employed at inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record)
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, twist, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability