Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
Our corporate offices are headquartered in NE Portland. We are hiring for a Staff Accountant is responsible for a wide range of accounting and reporting support as it relates to general accounting transactions. The Staff Accountant utilizes an intermediate knowledge of accounting principles and practices to provide accounting support including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end close related duties. This position may have a special focus in specific areas of accounting such as cash, prepaids, accruals, etc. Although this position is generally subject to moderate direct supervision, a degree of latitude and independent problem-solving is expected.
We are seeking a highly driven, solution focused individual that can work well with internal and external partners at all levels. To succeed in our fast moving, sales driven environment, we are seeking candidates who are comfortable with ambiguity, changes in direction and priorities, and who demonstrate an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations using best in class templates and techniques for audit support.
- Complete a wide range of month-end close related responsibilities ensuring timely and accurate month-end reporting.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Support the cycle of continuous improvement in process and controls. Apply structured problem solving techniques to create robust, enduring process workflows as well as to develop and implement process improvements to improve efficiency.
- Provide administrative support to internal customers for TEC’s accounting/dealer management system (CDK).
- Maintain adequate knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting aspects tied to specific balance sheet accounts.
- Manage workload and meet deadlines. Proactively communicate with Management when there are unexpected challenges.
- Act as the subject matter expert in assigned areas of responsibility. Be able to clearly and concisely explain those areas and answer any questions. This will be evidenced by the ability to answer questions on the topic and train others.
- Provide excellent customer service to cross functional members of the TEC Team.
- Assist in special projects and support external audits as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum one to three years of related experience and strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Experience in medium to large-sized company operating in multiple states desired.
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Excel
We believe all employees deserve a safe work environment - All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.