Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant (Tax)
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join our Tax Accounting team based at our Portland, OR headquarters. The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for a wide range of accounting and reporting support as it relates to taxable transaction including, balance sheet reconciliations, preparing/posting general journal entries, preparing monthly property tax accrual, preparing local, state, and federal filing requirements, and assistance with audit preparation.
Success in this role involves effectively participating in and leading various tactical and strategic accounting projects and initiatives. This includes business process improvements, systems integrations, improving efficiency with business processes and applications, and developing effective reporting and analysis. This position works with cross functional resources, builds and maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and continually seeks mechanisms to streamline and automate processes.
The person in this position must embody TEC company values: Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer Focus, and exercises a high-level of ethical behavior and confidentiality at all times. All work is performed in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations, and in accordance with department processes.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and assist with IRS and state audits.
- Complete year-end tax projections.
- Keep track of all filing requirements such as tax returns, estimated tax payments, and required elections on a tax calendar. Ensure all requirements are met timely.
- Complete general ledger accounting responsibilities, including journal entry preparation, reconciliation and analysis of various balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of balances, accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Review fixed assets/depreciation, prepaid expenses and accrued expenses for book to tax differences.
- Prepare and review for the filing of property tax, sales and use tax, federal excise tax and other statutory filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience; Experience within medium to large sized companies that operate in a best practice environment preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong oral and written communication with the ability to successfully interact with accounting, branch operations, and other partners
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail while at the same time able to understand big picture/overall strategy & business impacts
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a cross-functional fast-paced environment
- Ability to utilize sound judgment in successfully managing ambiguous situations or changes in direction and priorities
We believe all employees deserve a safe work environment - all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.