Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Service Desk Technician
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
We are seeking a Service Desk Technician to join our IT Service Operations team based at our Portland, OR headquarters. In this position, you will provide front-line technical assistance and support to employees and management across all TEC locations. We are seeking candidates with IT technical support experience in a help desk setting and who are able to manage a high volume of work (20-30 tickets/day on average) in a fast-paced geographically dispersed environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a positive, supportive team/work environment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage support requests and maintain ticket ownership using ticketing system (Kaseya) throughout the support process. This includes recording support requests, events, and problems in Kaseya.
Set up new user accounts in active directory and set up hardware as part of the on-boarding process.
Maintain hardware updates and application versions.
Troubleshoot both hardware and software applications remotely and in-person.
Walk the customer through the problem-solving process to educate customers how to avoid the issue and where to find answers on their own so they are self-sufficient where possible.
Utilize vantage point as front-line support to the customer to assist management in identifying areas of improvement.
Escalate problems to appropriate teams where needed.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate's degree in information systems, technology, or computer science
- IT technical support experience in a help desk setting, preferably supporting 1,000 users
- Strong MDM experience (Airwatch preferred) & ticketing system experience (Kaseya preferred)
- Strong understanding of IT policies and best practices
- In depth understanding of PC’s, mobile and other technology products
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all levels of staff and management within the company.
- Superior customer service and communication skills- ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users.
- Skill in troubleshooting and solving problems.
We believe all employees deserve a safe work environment - all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.