Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SCADA Network Engineer
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Primary Location:Bend OR
Additional Job Posting Locations:
Job Description Summary:To perform network support and maintenance activities including: monitoring systems and remediating problems; general maintenance and upgrades.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Designs and plans complex network, data center and telecommunication systems, services, and recommends resources required to implement and maintain planned solutions
• Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
• Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
• Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls
• Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
• Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
• Conduct requirements definition, design, test, rollout, implementation and final acceptance of approved remote access infrastructure and data center virtualization designs/upgrades/replacements
• Provide Tier 3 Tech support and resolves complex network problems in a timely manner
System Admin duties
• Oversee support and maintenance for RS 6000, UNIX Operating System, and Codex Network
• Install and supervise all operating system updates
• Perform all database and security administration functions
• Investigate and resolve operations problems
• Perform complex analysis, database design, and application programming
• Maintain and modify software development tools
• Develop contingency plan in case of system failure
• Respond to programming requests according to IS priorities and as directed
• Test and implement new versions of UNIX
• Handle or oversee back-up of UNIX systems
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 7 + years proven working experience as a Network System Engineer or equivalence with Cisco LAN, WAN and wireless networks
• Extensive knowledge of planning, designing and implementing Cisco-based networks and equipment
• In-Depth knowledge of TCP/IP addressing and standards including network design, firewall configuration, load balancing, remote access, strong authentication, vulnerability scanning, VPN and DMZ management
• Technical knowledge and experience with application security, content filtering, network protocols, access control, encryption, and 2 factor authentication technologies
• Understanding of common security protocols such as Kerberos, RADIUS, RSA, TACACS+, SSL, TLS, SSH, IPSec, S/MIME, PKI and SFTP
• A strong understanding of networking infrastructure components and protocols – including wireless, firewalls, and/or network-based intrusion detection/prevention
• Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies, rights and security within a Windows Server 2003/2008 Active Directory environment including:
• Cisco ASA 5520 and 5510 Firewalls
• Multiple Cisco switches, Cisco routers, and Cisco ASA VPN
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network equipment configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
• CCNA, CCNP or other Cisco certificates preferred
• Must be a team player and work well within a small team
• Effective interpersonal skills and supervisory skills
• Effective English written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving ability and strong analytical skills
• Show initiative and sense of ownership for assigned duties
• Familiarity with Help Desk systems and SLA’s
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.