Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mass Timber General Foreman
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of foremen, journeymen, construction trades workers and their helpers. Responsible for oversight of one or more construction projects resulting in successful project completion.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Ability to perform all foreman job responsibilities
• Supervise foremen, journeymen and various crews on construction sites
• Provide drawing interpretation
• Conduct regular inspections of the work to check for inconsistencies and deviations from company-established quality standards
• Plan and schedule work and keep records of the materials used and the progress made on a job
• Order supplies and equipment
• Report on personnel, costs, and safety
• Direct the use of machines and materials being used
• Ensure the project is constructed to code and according to plans and specifications
• Examine and inspect work progress and equipment
• Coordinate the work timely and efficiently in a safe environment
• Identify, address and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with field personnel and sub-trades
• Analyze and plan installation and construction of equipment and structures
• Discuss blueprints and plans with contractor
• Assist with resolution of union grievances
• Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 7-10 yrs. experience with construction, concrete &/or masonry work & crew/job management
• Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school and experience as a journeyman carpenter, including some supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Working knowledge of all crafts and ability to read and understand specifications for all trades
• Understand project floor plans, fixture drawings, construction drawings, electrical plans, lighting plans, and construction codes and local/state ordinances
• Familiarity with office equipment to include computer, calculator, radio, and fax.
• Knowledge of OSHA laws
• Familiar with union contracts and procedures.
• Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting and cost control
• Problem solving ability
• Strong sense of urgency
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.