Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mass Timber Estimator
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:Overall planning and management of estimating activities for specific construction projects, including preparation, interpretation and presentation of estimates.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Review project plans, requirements and specifications
• Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
• Coordinate subcontract solicitations and jobwalks
• Determine labor and construction equipment costs
• Prepare conceptual estimates
• Meet and maintain bidding and work schedules
• Submit requisitions for purchase of materials
• Compare competitive trade bids
• Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with Project Manager Secure all bid documents (bid forms and quote letters)
• Prepare subcontractor bid list and submit drawings to subcontractors
• Participate in bid compilation on bid day
• Assist jobsite staff with estimates after bid award
• Perform post-bid buyouts (if applicable)
• Maintain good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
• Supervise and train estimating staff (if applicable)
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 3 years project engineering or related experience
• Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
• Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
• Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
• Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting; engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable)
• Drafting and computer skills
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing email@example.com.