Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Full Time Employee
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
East Pavilion Surgery Center is a new Ambulatory Surgery Center located in the East Pavilion of Providence St. Vincent’s Medical Center at 9135 SW Barnes Rd., Suite 161. The facility will open with five operating rooms. East Pavilion Surgery Center will be proud to offer a wide range of outpatient services to patients, including but not limited to Urology, Otorhinolaryngology, Neurology, Gynecology and Plastic Surgery
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are seeking a full time Certified Surgical Technologist with experience assisting in various specialties.
Under supervision of the Circulating Nurse, the Surgical Technologist prepares for a scheduled procedure and arranges sterile set up of instrument tables according to established protocol. He/she assists surgeons by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractor's and anticipating surgeons' needs during course of procedure. The surgical tech also cleans the operating room and stores equipment and supplies.
- Scrubs for the cases in all major surgical services according to established procedures and standards requiring advanced knowledge of anatomy, surgical instruments, Surgeon preferences, and other technical knowledge
- Assists the circulating nurse as needed
- Sets up Operating Room according to surgical procedure schedules and arranges sterile set up of instrument table supplies and equipment required for specific procedure. Assists circulating nurse with surgical counts, actively participates in Time Out process, proper labeling of medication on the sterile field
- Assists with proper draping procedures
- Passes sterile supplies and equipment to the Surgeon and Assistants during procedures, acts to anticipate and respond to surgical team's needs during course of surgery
- Handles surgical specimens following specimen protocol, places in preservative solution and notifies circulating nurse of source of specimen and location.
- Acts as a resource and preceptor to those learning the scrub role
- Keeps current regarding developments in the surgical equipment, trends, and techniques through attendance at in-services or other educational programs
- Assists surgeon during procedures by holding retractors as requested
- Surgical technician training and certification required.
- Operating room experience required- minimum 1 year.
- CPR Certification required.
- Orthopedic and spine experience required- minimum 1 year.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.