Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse PACU
- Full Time Employee
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
East Pavilion Surgery Center is a new Ambulatory Surgery Center located in the East Pavilion of Providence St. Vincent’s Medical Center at 9135 SW Barnes Rd., Suite 161. The facility will open with five operating rooms. East Pavilion Surgery Center will be proud to offer a wide range of outpatient services to patients, including but not limited to Urology, Otorhinolaryngology, Neurology, Gynecology and Plastic Surgery
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Clinical Quality:
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient’s care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing basis.
- Implements appropriate standards of care based on assessment data and patient’s own goals. Goals are mutually set with the patient and family
- Coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
- Adheres to all facility policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.
- Assesses learning needs according to patient’s level of understanding and readiness to learn.
- Evaluates patient’s progress toward outcome achievement on an ongoing basis.
- Revises plan of care based on change in patient status and/or information gathered at change of shift
- Documents patient’s progress toward achievement of outcomes.
- Directs others in the implementation of the teaching plan.
- Assumes an active role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Analyzes nursing care provided in the facility related to the established standards of care.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate the nursing care provided in the facility.
- Assigns patient care responsibilities based on patient needs and abilities of available staff.
- Assumes charge nurse responsibility as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions concerning facility-based problems.
- Participates on quality council to facilitate improvement of patient care.
- Participates in the orientation of nursing staff.
- Participates in developing standardized patient education programs, as requested.
- Participates in team conferences on assigned patients.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- At least one year of medical/surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Current state licensure to practice. Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter