Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Surgical Technician
- Full Time Employee
- # of Openings
McKenzie Surgery Center, an affiliate of SCA, is currently seeking a Certified Surgical Technician
Our management team is focused on providing a high level of care and communication to our patients, physician specialists and their staff. We greatly value our patients and their families’ confidence in entrusting us with their safety, comfort, and convenience while we provide high quality clinical care. Our physicians operating in an advanced technological surgical environment enjoy a partnership that provides an efficient extension of their offices for cost effective alternatives, and time saving features to augment today’s medical practice. Our foundation, our team, our employees – we respectfully pledge our commitment to provide training, education and the advancement of the work environment through dedicated corporate support.
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance on day 1 of employment
- Teammate engagement week, catered lunches, car washes for employee achievements, book club, birthday celebrations
- Family oriented environment
- Flexible work schedule - choose to work either 4/10 hour days or a 5 day work week
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- No holidays, no nights or call
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Functions as a Certified Surgical Technician in the operating room/procedure room under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical procedures.
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of patients.
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers, high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated processors.
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function, interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and biological indicators related to instrument and equipment high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room technical equipment according to manufacturer’s guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of supplies.
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing care.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room supplies and equipment.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical Technologist Program
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum of 1 -2 years previous experience in either a hospital or ambulatory surgical center setting
- Strong Orthopedic background preferred
- Multi-specialty surgical experience necessary
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.