Stimson Lumber Company Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Stimson Lumber Company Inc.
Production Workers have the opportunity to cross-train among different roles within the mill, to create advancement opportunities within the company. On the job training, apprenticeships and classroom education are available for employees looking to pursue a career with Stimson.
Starting wage for Productions Workers is $17 per hour. Day Shift available.
Accountability and Responsibility:
- Evaluate lumber for size, length and grade.
- Stack lumber into specified sort.
- Build and sticker units to specified tallies.
- Produce and tag unit with correct inventory tag.
- Be able to do repetitive work and stand for extended periods of time.
- Move quickly, consistently and safely to keep up with the current flow of production.
- Be able and willing to learn new positions in a short period of time.
- Possess good communication skills and work well in a team setting.
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., stand for 10 hours or more per day, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, stoop and bend at waist, and move equipment as needed
- Must be comfortable in year-round outdoor temperatures, in loud conditions, with airborne particles (sawdust), and working around moving mechanical equipment.
- Team player and highly self-motivated individual.
- 401(k) with a 6% company match- vested IMMEDIATELY!
- Medical / Dental / Vision Options
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Time off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral program; earn a $500-$1000 bonus for a successful referral
- Wellness Program with reward incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement, Apprenticeships, Career Development
- Access to company-owned land for recreation
For details about employee benefits and Stimson values: www.mystimson.com
Who is Stimson Lumber?
Stimson Lumber is a leader in the forest products and natural resources industry, with over 650 employees and locations across Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. We have a progressive, forward-thinking culture focusing on the development of our people. Our employees are given the tools and opportunities to maximize their talent to achieve professional and personal goals. We have been a recognized leader in our industry for decades because of our commitment to quality, customer service, and continuous improvement mentality.
Why work at Stimson Lumber?
We hire people who are passionate about what they do every day, have a desire to make a difference and thrive in a team environment. We reward our employees through competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and advancement opportunities. As an equal opportunity employment company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and those influences upon the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment assessments.