Southwestern Oregon Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwestern Oregon Community College
- Primary Purpose
The Athletic assistant will have responsibilities in their designated sport, the athletics department in general, and in student housing.
Applications must be received by August 1st to be considered for one of the four available spaces.
- Description of Duties and tasks
Athletic Assistants duties in the athletics department include:
- Assigned coaching responsibilities as directed by their head coach in their designated sport.
- Mandatory attendance of the early arrival orientation, depending on arrival date.
- Working of different sporting events as instructed by the Athletic Director. Tasks may include set up, clean up, managing the time clock, taking stats, admission table operation, commentating livestreamed matches, operating the video camera, and any other game management duties as needed.
- Planning and executing wellness programs for all students living in student housing. All events must follow the assigned curriculum and be approved by the Resident Director.
- Completing weekly office hours in the Lighthouse Depot or Trinidad Head Study Lounge or both as determined by the Resident Director.
- Adhering to the housing rules laid out in the Room and Board Agreement and SWOCC Code of Conduct. An athletic assistant shall not enter a student's apartment nor shall a student enter an assistant coach's apartment.
- Facilitating the development of community at Southwestern by always acting in a professional and positive manner when interacting with staff, students and athletes.
- Attending bi-monthly housing meetings for the planning of wellness events. Failure to participate in housing events may result in the termination of the athletic assistants housing contract.
- Familiarizing themselves with fire safety equipment and reporting any potential safety hazards.
- Use of discretion when discussing campus and/or housing issues with residents and the general public and maintaining confidentiality when dealing with student information and sensitive subject matters.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with the Athletic Director, and Resident Director
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Each candidate must hold a bachelor's degree OR be currently enrolled at SWOCC or another approved institution with proof of an educational plan.
- Each candidate must have been recommended for this position by a SWOCC head coach.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
A coaching stipend may be given at the discretion of the head coach and/or Athletic Director.
Approved athletic assistants will receive free on campus housing (single or double occupancy will depend on availability) and a meal plan for the year.
The approximate value of this package is $8,571.00.
*Assistant compensation packages can affect your federal financial aid assistance. If you are a recipient of financial aid, please work with the Financial Aid Office to see if this will impact your specific aid package.
- Additional Job Information
It is the policy of the Southwestern Oregon Community College Board of Education that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, political affiliation, parental status, veteran status or disability in any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact:
Vice President of Administrative Services in Tioga 512.
Phone 541-888-7206 or TDD 541-888-7368.
All other issues, concerns, and complaints should also be directed to the Vice President of Administrative Services for referral to the appropriate administrator.
Southwestern Oregon Community College only accepts applications through this online application system. We want you to be successful in applying with us. We highly encourage you to complete and submit your application in advance of the deadline.
For assistance with this, please email email@example.com. For technical assistance with your application, please call (855) 524-5627.
Please note: We recognize that our application process can be lengthy, so before you begin, please read all of the stated requirements to determine if you meet them. Applicants must meet all of the stated minimum/special qualifications and additional requirements to be considered for this position. Based on your responses to the qualifying questions, the system may automatically screen you out from further consideration.
Required documents must be provided at the time of application. Please remove any personal information such as photographs, date of birth, gender, social security number, and other protected information from your documents. Documents containing protected information will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Positions are subject to budget consideration and approval. For the candidate who is hired into this position, salary placement will be based on guidelines in administrative policies and procedures or collective bargaining agreements (as applicable). For this reason, please be sure to include everything in your application that you want the college to consider towards placement.
The college does not sponsor employees in the visa application process if they intend to use this as their means to work in the United States. This means that all required work visas must be in place and supported by appropriate evidence to be employed by Southwestern.
Final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all responsibilities, skills, effort, or work conditions associated with the job someone in this position would perform. All employees of Southwestern Oregon Community College are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Southwestern Oregon Community College supervisory/management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE STATEMENT:
Applicants are eligible to use Veteran's Preference when applying with Southwestern Oregon Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will only be given if the applicant meets the minimum qualifications and any special qualifications for the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
- MEMBER COPY 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) – OR – Letter from the US Dept. of Veterans Affairs indicating a non-service connected pension.
- Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website at: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/