Southern Oregon, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Mental Health Tech/Mental Health Associate
at Southern Oregon, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Residential Treatment Programs
- Residential Treatment Facilities
Please do not apply on this site for this position.
If interested, or for more information, please contact Personnel Source at 541-776-7466.
Our residential facilities are staffed 24/7 with various shifts available. As an on-call, applicants are able to choose shifts that will accommodate their family, school or other life needs. CNA’s welcome to apply.
The Mental Health Technician and Associates assist in the care and treatment of residents with psychiatric disabilities. Participates in keeping the facility and its residents safe, secure, and clean. Provides individual and group life skills training and a wide variety of other para-professional duties to residents.
No toileting and occasional transfers. Hiring Rate: $11.50 to $15.00
Relevant education and experience qualifies the candidate for a higher starting rate.
- Observes and monitors residents and documents changes in behaviors and mental and medical conditions.
- Informs lead staff persons, case managers and other pertinent parties of residents' needs or concerns.
- Participates in preparation and organization of meals; promotes social, dietary and hygiene skills.
- Reports dietary concerns to appropriate parties.
- Monitors and assists residents in learning daily living skills.
- Transports residents as requested.
- Monitors safety and security of the treatment environment. Assists in management of behavioral emergencies.
- Assists with maintaining cleanliness and safety of facility.
- Keeps up-to-date documentation and audits residents charts, answers phones, enters information into computer, and schedules appointments.
- Assists residents with banking, shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, mental & physical health provider appointments, and social service providers.
- Involves residents in organizing group community events.
- Plans and coordinates recreational activities and outings.
- Participates in skills training groups.
- Acts as member of treatment team.
- Provides therapeutic interventions with residents as prescribed by the treatment plan.
- Participates in orientation of new employees as requested.
- Performs duties related to admission and discharge of residents.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Administers medications when permitted by law and as required by unit; keeps mandatory documentation pertaining to medication.
Must possess high school diploma or equivalent plus a general understanding of the population served.
Training is provided. If interested, or for more information, please contact Personnel Source at 541-776-7466.