South Coast Education Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at South Coast Education Service
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 255
Openings as of 10/22/2019
- Substitute Custodian JobID: 255
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
South Coast Education Service District JOB CHARACTERISTICS: To provide a building that is safe, attractive, clean and an efficient place in which to work.
1. Is responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance of ESD facilities.
2. Assists in receiving and dispersing mail and deliveries.
3. Participates as necessary with painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and general mechanical areas.
4. Requisitions supplies and equipment; maintains inventories of such.
5. Responsible for the general security and fire safety of the building.
6. Works harmoniously with other employees and deals tactfully with the public.
7. Respects confidential information.
8. Maintains regular attendance in order to preserve the continuity of service delivery for the program.
9. Meets standards for competent and ethical performance as outlined in OAR 584-020-0035.
10. Performs duties in a manner reasonably expected and generally recognized by the profession.
11. Receives work assignments from Coordinator of Support Services or Superintendent.
12. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent.
QUALIFICATIONS (Essential Functions):
1. Ability to plan, fill out requisition and care for equipment and supplies.
2. Ability to work harmoniously with staff and public.
3. Ability to follow written and oral instructions without constant supervision.
4. Hold a valid Oregon driver's license and be bondable.
5. Ability to exercise independent judgment in the absence of specific instructions.
6. Ability to deal with staff, students, and the public in an effective manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
7. Ability to respect confidential information.
8. Hold a current first aid card.
9. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
High school diploma or equivalent.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 60 pounds such as furniture and equipment. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as lawn mowers, vacuums, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. The employee will work near and with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.