Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Status: Full Time 40 Hours
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Starting wage: $15.00
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
The QMHA/Medical Assistant is responsible for implementing systems for Nurse Practitioners in Shangri-La’s Outpatient Mental Health Clinic. Identify skill development strategies; Identify, implement, and coordinate services as outlined in treatment plan; understand Trauma Sensitive Interactions; Demonstrate Multicultural Awareness.
Medical Assistant/QMHA must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology and apply each of these concepts, medication management procedures, implement skills development strategies, and identify, implement and coordinate the services and supports identified in a Service Plan. QMHAs must meet the follow minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field; or
- A combination of at least three years of relevant work, education, training or experience (preferred experience in medical or mental health field); or
- A qualified Mental Health Intern – defined as a person who meets qualifications for QMHA but does not have the necessary graduate degree in psychology, social work or behavioral science field to meet the educational requirement of QMHP. The person must:
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate program for a master’s degree in psychology, social work or in a behavioral science field;
- Have a collaborative educational agreement with the CMHP, or other provider, and the graduate program;
- Work within the scope of his/her practice and competencies identified by the policies and procedures for credentialing of clinical staff as established by provider; and
- Receive, at minimum, weekly supervision by a qualified clinical supervisor employed by the provider of services.
- Certification through MHACBO as a QMHA.
Requires the demonstrated ability for continuous, effective and professional communication and organizational skills. Must be able to initiate and maintain positive relationships with program participants, team members and all stakeholders. Must be capable of clear communication, verbally and in writing, with persons of varying levels of education, experience and comprehension. Requires the ability to facilitate groups of people to provide instruction and/or consensus building activities. Requires frequent flexibility, patience, and ongoing use of conflict resolution.
Requires the frequent use of decision-making skills with the ability to exercise consistently sound judgment. Must work well without direct supervision and demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines. Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets as well as a great understanding of Shangri-La’s paperless documentation systems.
Continuously requires using hands and fingers. Must be able to work frequently while sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, driving and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasionally required to work while pushing, pulling, reaching, stretching or twisting. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Must have a current Oregon Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
*Full PD given upon first interview*