Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Purchasing Specialist - Shrink & Aging
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- M-F 8am-5pm
When you join the family of Associates at FSA, you are joining a team which puts the emphasis on you – the employee – our most valuable resource. FSA is a great company to work for with full benefits and a supportive atmosphere that rewards initiative and integrity. That's why our Associates love it here!
This role will support the implementation of best practices across the Portland Operating Unit to manage shrink and age.
- Optimizes shrink recovery whenever possible
- Ensures immediate responses to issues to meet vendor requirements on returns
- Works with Quality Assurance on the expired pallet report
- Takes a proactive approach to shelf life issues to avoid shrink
- Works with the Operations Department to help address all shrink
- Performs purchasing/buying duties by analyzing inventory requirements and placing purchase orders for product items in assigned categories
- Through analysis and influence, drives shrink improvement
- Conducting shrink trend and root-cause analysis to help in identifying trends and deficiencies
- Communicates finding to appropriate parties and addresses shrink improvement opportunities
- Conducts comprehensive shrink audits
- Works with Buyers, Category Managers and others to focus on product aging
- Works with vendors to move product
- Runs reports for other projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required. Associates degree or higher, or relevant work experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous purchasing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of DPR or similar buying systems preferred.
- Ability to act quickly and decisively in a fast paced, dynamic environment and be a catalyst for working collaboratively in a team oriented environment.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Must have successful work performance, demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, and exercise sound judgment and display initiative and innovation on the job.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.