Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Picker/Packer 1 (3rd Shift)
at RR Donnelley
THIS IS A 3RD SHIFT POSITION
Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work. Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques. May operate a pick truck or hoist to pull inventory from the warehouse. Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage. Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions. Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Count and sort various product items. Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule.
- Basic knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Basic skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- May require basic skill in using heat sealers, cutters, hand and power tools.
- Basic skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials. Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
- Must be able to maintain focus and productivity rate when working independently.
- Must have the aptitude to read various types of measuring instruments (rulers, line gauge etc)
- Must be able to execute physical motions/requirements of the job in a safe manner.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs on occasion with or without accommodation
Must be able to keep pace with press/machine
Can work in a team environment
Previous Manufacturing experience