Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RR Donnelley
Transport raw materials, work in process and finished goods between various types of establishments such as: manufacturing plants, freight depots, warehouses, and customer locations using company vehicle. Position primarily drives within a 60 mile radius of the Rogue Valley but may be required to drive longer distances occasionally. Must recognize and be able to make minor mechanical repairs needed to keep truck in good working order. Complete vehicle circle checks and pre/post inspections on every trip.
Thorough knowledge of how to operate vehicles that are larger and have heavier loads to secure and control; and are more susceptible to sliding and tipping; and are difficult to maneuver, especially when turning and backing. Skill and knowledge to operate these vehicles over a variety of roads including interstate highways, narrow country roads, and on steep winding grades. Knowledge about which routes may be legally driven and the overpass clearances and other restrictions on such routes based on weight limits. Knowledge of State and local safety rules and regulations, and the rules of other jurisdictions for operating vehicles. Knowledge and skill to load cargo properly onto the vehicle, using appropriate tie-downs such as chains, binders, or straps for transit on public roads at highway speeds or under similar driving circumstances. Knowledge of the operator's manual for their assigned vehicle and skill to apply such knowledge to particular driving situations. Ability to recognize developing maintenance problems when conducting an operator's inspection of their assigned vehicles, and to report technical problems to the supervisor. Adhere to all company policies and procedures related to, but not limited to, security and protecting privacy of client and company information, production standards, and general safety. When not performing driving duties employee may be assigned material handling, shipping/receiving duties or special projects as may be assigned.
- 1-2 years’ experience in required skills
- Prior experience operating Powered Industrial Vehicles required with ability to pass annual certification.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs. frequently.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be comfortable working independently to achieve production expectations.
- Must be well organized and able to communicate effectively with various departments within the organization.
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours to accommodate production needs when required.
- Must have a clean driving record and current driver’s license is required.
- May need to obtain CDL, depending on workloads and peak seasons.
- Qualified individuals must be able to pass DOT Medical exam and Pre-Employment DOT Drug Screen.
- Noise level moderate to loud in print and warehouse areas.
- Temperature variation between work areas
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer