Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Equipment Operator
Under limited supervision, sorts, positions, stages and loads waste and recyclable materials for the safe transport and efficient removal from the site.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operates heavy equipment, such as a loader, dozer, excavator or similar equipment, as applicable to location.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintains good customer relations and interacts in a professional manner with customers.
- Performs daily routine safety and equipment operation checks including pre- and post-shift inspections on assigned equipment.
- Reports issues to the appropriate authority and in a timely manner.
- Supports other areas of the operation as needed.
- Reports all accidents and/or safety violations to the appropriate authority and in a timely manner.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Three years of related experience, including experience in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment.
IDEAL CANDIDATE - The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Principles and practices of job site safety, potential job hazards, and state and local regulations including applicable waste regulation.
- Basic computer programs.
Skill and / or Ability to:
- Ability to promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources
- Work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to maintain high levels of activity or productivity; operating with effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ability to understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and effectively.
- Consistently build knowledge and expertise about current job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and customers.
- Ability to communicate on a two-way radio or similar device.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- becoming an owner in our Company
- two retirement plans:
- a supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) match (up to 4% of salary)
- health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- educational assistance (up to $5,250 per year)
- a robust employee assistance program with financial guidance, legal assistance, dependent referrals and lots of discounts to a variety of vendors
- an employee referral program where you can achieve cash incentives (up to $2500 per referral)
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- commuting benefits - we help subsidize the cost to get to work
- annual wellness incentives (up to $300)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.