Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst 2
at Planar Systems
Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are seeking a Financial Analyst that can come in and make an impact right away. Our ideal candidate is someone the loves technology and numbers and finding ways to make something great even better.
The Financial Analyst plays a key role in providing financial reporting, planning, forecasting, and analysis at a corporate level. The Financial Analyst will provide analysis for Corporate Management as well as Sales and Marketing leadership. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting the annual budgeting process and preparing monthly forecasts and reports for the company as well as helping drive Sales and Marketing efficiency through world-class business support skills. Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills as well as experience in a multi-national, fast-paced, high-tech engineering and light manufacturing environment are keys to success in this position.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for financial dashboards, supporting the annual budgeting process and preparing monthly forecasts and reports for the company, and will provide analysis for management in support of diverse corporate initiatives and investments decisions.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting reports and submitting to the CFO.
- Provide business partner support to the VP of Sales & Marketing with focus on revenue forecasting, marketing programs, expense management and overall program efficiency.
- Support the corporate annual budgeting process, including schedules and processes, by communicating the schedule and processes to business partners and monitoring progress towards completion.
- Prepare financial statements and other budget and roll-up reports and provide monthly reporting for operating expenses and other measures to department/budget owners.
- Gather, prepare, and analyze data for special financial reports, including Expense Reports for each department, Sales & Expense Forecast Reports for each month and each quarter, and Revenue and Cost Reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, providing financial analysis in support of decision making.
- Work with IT to streamline reporting tools/processes.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Prepare, analyze and interpret the corporate forecast on a monthly basis
- Interpret data received from diverse systems, including the data warehouse.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree with focus in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience required. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of related work experience in a business environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data, generate alternatives and clearly communicate salient findings to drive positive change required.
- Demonstrated understanding of key financial processes.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a dynamic high tech, light manufacturing business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective presentations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word and PowerPoint. Excel super user preferred.
- Ability to use integrated ERP System, Microsoft Dynamics AX and reporting software from Host Analytics preferred.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues, solve problems and recommend solutions.
- Prior success thinking creatively and working with a sense of urgency in achieving objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese preferred.
Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol test and criminal background check
At Planar, we believe that employing a diverse group of highly skilled employees ensures a competitive advantage and enhances our ability to deliver superior products and service to our customers. Planar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, mental or physical disability, military service or status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need alternative methods for applying, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Planar participates in e-verify. Candidates selected for hire may be required to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen.