Oregon Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Triage (on call)
at Oregon Medical Group
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Triage (Telephone) Nurse serves the patient, the physician and other staff members by serving as a liaison between the patient and healthcare provider, using effective listening and communicating skills.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending, and stretching. Occasionally requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finder dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Occasionally required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a clinic environment. Requires working evening and weekend hours. Involves continuous telephone contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Answer and evaluate telephone inquiries regarding patient medical needs.
- Conduct sound nursing assessments. May offer alternatives following established guidelines and protocols.
- Refer inquiries to appropriate resource.
- Document all inquiries for medicolegal/statistical purposes.
- Perform data entry at time of call (where applicable).
- Promptly seek emergency interaction for the patient as needed.
- Report situations needing administrative interaction to the site manager.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ongoing Customer Service Training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.