Oregon Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (temporary)
at Oregon Medical Group
This is a temporary position through Oregon Medical Group, starting immediately and lasting until January 2021. This position offers no company benefits except for PTO & 401(k).
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Working to assist OMG providers in providing health care at OMG clinic locations. The Medical Assistant serves the patient and the provider by gathering and maintaining the necessary medical information in a cheerful, friendly, personable manner; providing quality patient care and helping to establish rapport between the physician and patient.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Although a safety first work environment, employees in the position have potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment and documents chief complaints.
- Obtains patient histories and vital signs and records accurately in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Stocks supplies and prepares exam rooms and instruments for examinations, testing or minor surgeries.
- Assists with patient exams, procedures and collection of specimens as assigned.
- Retrieves laboratory and radiology test results and instructs patients regarding medications and treatment per physician’s instructions.
- Understands and interprets current immunization schedule. Administers injections safely.
- Responds to incoming phone calls and refers if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.