Oregon Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Oregon Medical Group
Great career opportunity for Medical Assistants!
Oregon Medical Group is a growing organization comprised of over 750 dedicated providers and staff who are focused on the delivery of high quality medical services.
Medical Assistant (MA) - If you have a desire to work alongside exceptional providers and care teams in the delivery of high quality compassionate healthcare, Oregon Medical Group is the place for you. As an MA you will serve patients and the provider by gathering and maintaining medical information and developing patient rapport and understanding in a continued effort to ensure our patients receive the best possible care day in and day out.
Successful candidates must have or be able to achieve certification from the AAMA, NCCT or RMA within 60 days of hire.
Oregon Medical Group offers a competitive salary, up to $1,000 sign-on bonus (based on experience), and benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off up to 4.6 weeks to start
- 401k retirement savings plan with a company match after 30 days
- Low cost health insurance premiums
- Wellness program with ability to earn up to $525 annually
- Company paid corporate gym membership
- Company paid short term disability
- And more!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Working to assist OMG providers in providing health care at OMG clinic locations. The Medical Assistant serves the patient and the provider by gathering and maintaining the necessary medical information in a cheerful, friendly, personable manner; providing quality patient care and helping to establish rapport between the physician and patient.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Although a safety first work environment, employees in the position have potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment and documents chief complaints.
- Obtains patient histories and vital signs and records accurately in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Assists with patient exams, procedures and collection of specimens as assigned.
- Retrieves laboratory and radiology test results and instructs patients regarding medications and treatment per physician’s instructions.
- Understands and interprets current immunization schedule. Administers injections safely.
- Stocks supplies and prepares exam rooms and instruments for examinations, testing or minor surgeries.
- Responds to incoming phone calls and refers if necessary. Calls patients as necessary to follow up and/or schedule appointments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.