Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
# of Openings:
OCHIN is currently looking for a talented Interface Analyst to join our team!
This position may require 5% travel.
Some of the work you'll do:
- Researching and gathering functional requirements for specific interfaces
- Following technical and business process documentation for interfaces
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing interfaces
- Act as 1st point of contact for all team maintenance request, questions, and support requests.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Supporting multiple concurrent projects and coordinating with internal resources as needed
- Providing quality assurance testing on new or enhanced interfaces
- Participating in internal process improvement projects
- Participating in informal internal training and mentoring as part of ongoing team improvement
- Perform quality Assurance work as assigned.
- Execute and resolve Tier 1 maintenance tickets as assigned and within OCHIN SLA standards.
- Providing technical support to OCHIN members
- Working effectively to meet deadlines, deliver superior results, and keep focus on the member’s needs in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrating ownership of work and attention to detail
- Researching and investigating new technologies or workflows as needed to support members
- Collaborating with stakeholders (internal, members, vendors) to address integration issues
- Coordinating build and testing activities with the member and third-party vendor
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Health Information Technology or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of HL7 standards and XML is desired
- Able to learn in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Being comfortable with self-directed learning
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and documenting skills
- Familiar with Mirth or other Interface engines is a plus
- Experience in healthcare industry or health information technology is desired
- Experience performing Quality Assurance testing is highly desired
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desired Certifications or Proficiency (not required):
- Epic specific: Bridges, Chronicles, Care Everywhere, EpicCare Ambulatory
- Any HL7 or Mirth certification
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
- A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have good customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
- A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
- Process-Orientated: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
- A Collaborator: You are a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others while working together to solve problems to meet organizational needs.
- Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
- Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for, OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all of its employees.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.