Northwest Farm Credit Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020 Training Program - Oregon
at Northwest Farm Credit Services
Northwest Farm Credit Services is actively recruiting to fill multiple full-time trainee positions to work in our branch offices located throughout the Northwest (WA, OR, ID, MT). These positions are available in our Lending and Insurance, and Special Industry Lending and Services groups.
As a member-owned financial cooperative, Northwest FCS helps business owners in agriculture, forestry and fisheries secure the financing they need to operate and grow, and the crop insurance they need to protect their livelihoods. Our customers are primarily located in Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Alaska. Northwest FCS is a recipient of the 2019 Gallup Great Workplace Award and was named a Best Place to Work in the Inland Northwest three years running.
Here’s an overview of our available Training Program positions:
- Credit Officers work directly with customers, ranging from small operations to vertically-integrated producers, to orchestrate credit strategies designed to help their businesses thrive. Our Credit Officers provide customer solutions by analyzing complex financial information across business phases and industry cycles.
- Crop Insurance Agents help our customers mitigate risk, and develop in-depth knowledge and expertise about the diverse crops grown in the Northwest. Unlike other insurance providers, our licensed agents focus solely on crop insurance. Agents are expected to maintain a high level of proactive marketing and portfolio management.
- Appraisers provide expertise and an unbiased objective approach to rural property appraisals and analysis. These positions construct market data for specialty agriculture and rural properties, and work with property owners, business investors, accountants and attorneys.
Minimum Qualifications for the Trainee Program with Northwest FCS include:
- Status: Students must be of Senior or Graduate Student status.
- Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field.
- Preferred coursework: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Farm and Ranch Management, Business Management, Marketing and related courses.
- Skills: Strong communication, marketing, analytical and computer skills, and leadership ability demonstrated through involvement in extracurricular activities and outside work experience. An agricultural background is desirable.
Trainee positions are located in various branches throughout Oregon. Our anticipated training locations for Oregon include Salem and Pendleton.
Northwest FCS employees are expected to become experts in their field. When you join us straight out of college, you’ll enter an extensive training program to jumpstart this process. Combining designated trainers and interaction with experienced professionals, coupled with farm visits, classroom training, networking opportunities and hands-on experience, you’ll be prepared to launch your career by the end of our training program.
As a trainee with Northwest FCS, you’ll likely have the opportunity to work in more than one of our locations. Upon completion of the Training Program, Northwest FCS makes every effort to place employees within their preferred areas, but cannot guarantee an exact match. Please be aware that trainees are assigned to their career start location where business needs exist; it’s important that candidates give this serious consideration before applying. Include your top three office location preferences (in our territory) in your cover letter when applying.
Interested applicants must include their transcripts (unofficial okay) in the application.
In addition to a comprehensive suite of core benefits designed to support employees at all career stages, Northwest FCS provides all regular employees with 24 paid hours annually to volunteer in their communities; a substantial employer match to our award-winning 401(k) plan; a bonus plan; generous paid vacation, sick, and parental leave; and financial assistance for adoptions. All employees also have access to robust learning opportunities including an Audible subscription and LinkedIn Learning. Jeans/appropriate casual is the standard dress code.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.