Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Natural Grocers
- Job ID
- 12155 SW Broadway St
The Receiving Assistant is responsible for assisting the Receiving Manager in the successful operation of the receiving department.
Key responsibilities include the following essential functions, but are not limited to:
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one priority.
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and adhering to all policies.
- Assisting the receiving department manager in accurately receiving all incoming products including date, accuracy and damage checking.
- Scanning all incoming and outgoing product.
- Staging products for efficient delivery to the sales floor.
- Processing POs, RPOs, mispicks, invoices and paperwork timely and accurately.
- Researching and processing all discrepancies.
- Communicating with department managers regarding delivery issues and vendor out-of-stocks.
- Following up on special orders.
- Operating a forklift and pallet jack as required.
- Maintaining a clean and organized back room.
- Working with the department managers to address performance issues within the department.
- Supporting store opening and closing activities including Daily Sales Report (DSR) and cash handling and cashier closeout responsibilities.
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering, managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled breaks.
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and employees.
- Assisting in training and monitoring of department personnel including assigning and following up on tasks.
- Taking the initiative to provide additional help and backup in the store and providing store backup on the sales floor when receiving duties are complete.
- Answering customer questions per company standards and policies, including the use of Structure/Function statements and/or statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Using SAP and inventory management software, emailing and utilizing other IS programs as needed.
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days, 40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings.
- This position has limited Manager on Duty but is never intended to be the overall Manager on Duty for the store.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Education, Skills & Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in grocery/retail or receiving environment preferred; natural foods background is a plus.
- 1 year of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass forklift certification.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and/or certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by keeping certifications up to date and registered if applicable.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with the task at hand.
- Possess a sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not be listed in this job description.