Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Labor Operator, Myers Container (NE Portland Killingsworth St)
at Myers Container
- 22-Jun-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
Myers Container is in need of a General Labor Operator for our facility on NE Killingsworth St in Portland, Oregon. This entry level position is in a heavy manufacturing environment.
Required to join the union upon hire and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Loading of drums into trailers, loading drums onto pallets and shrink wrap
- Apply nuts, bolts, metal rings and metal plugs onto drums
- Apply labels to drums
- Sweep trailers clean prior to loading
- Refill supplies in between orders
- Perform quality checks and complete quality paperwork.
- Assist team members/operators with other tasks as needed.
- Work safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work overtime as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma, GED or Work Experience
- Some mechanical aptitude or experience preferred
- Standing - required to remain on feet for extended periods of time without being able to leave work area (frequent).
- Sitting - required to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area (frequent).
- Pulling/Pushing - requires exerting force on a regular basis so that the object is moved to or away from the employer (constant).
- Lifting - required at time to raise or lower objects from one level to another with a weight of 30-50 pounds using proper lifting techniques (constant).
- Grasping - regularly required to pick up objects with fingers (constant).
- Reaching - required to use the hands and arms to reach for objects (constant).
- General Intelligence - must have the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions and orientation to the job
- Motor Coordination Skills - must be able to coordinate eyes, hands and fingers accurately and handle precise movements.
- Verbal Intelligence - must have the ability to understand the meaning of words and respond effectively.
- Must be able to read and write
- Noise - exposed to loud noise inside the plant and required to wear earplugs in the plant at all times.
- Heat exposed to high temperatures during summer months.
- Cold exposure - Exposed to low temperatures during winter months.
- Mechanical - exposed to mechanical hazards.
Myers Container is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or age.