Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Labor Operator - Marx St
at Myers Container
- 16-Jun-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
Container Management Services (CMS) is need of a General Labor Operator for our reconditioning facility in Portland, Oregon. This entry level position is in a heavy manufacturing environment. You will be required to join the union upon hire and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
CMS is an industry leader in the recycling of industrial steel, plastic, and IBC packaging solutions. Joining the CMS team offers both the stability of an established market leader with the enthusiasm of an energetic ownership and management team that acquired the company in October 2007.
CMS, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or age.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
- Assisting operators in their duties.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Substitute for other operators (infrequent).
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skill, and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or Work Experience
- Some Mechanical Experience Helpful
- Standing - required to remain on feet for extended periods of time without being able to leave work area (frequent).
- Sitting - required to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area (frequent).
- Pulling/Pushing - requires exerting force on a regular basis so that the object is moved to or away from the employer (constant).
- Lifting - required at time to raise or lower objects from one level to another with a weight of 5 pounds using proper lifting techniques (constant).
- Grasping - regularly required to pick up objects with fingers (constant).
- Reaching - required to use the hands and arms to reach for objects (constant).