Mount Hood Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Nurse Educator Associate (Applicaton Pool)
at Mount Hood Community College
- Job Summary and Responsibilities/Duties
This pool has been established to accept applications for possible openings that may arise throughout the academic year. Pools are posted based on the possible availability future assignments, which are sporadic and may not occur. When a position is available, the dean (or designee) will review qualified applicants from this pool. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to interview, you will be contacted.
Basic Job Purpose/Function
Contributes to classroom and clinical instruction in collaboration with and under the direction of a nurse educator and the nurse administrator. Nurse educators who are clinical nursing faculty are responsible to provide high quality instruction and engagement with students in the clinical and/or lab settings in order to assist them in meeting course outcomes. Nurse Educator Associate Clinical Faculty work in collaboration with the Dean/Nurse Administrator and Nurse Educator Faculty to determine student progression.
- Provides instruction for clinical and nursing lab courses as assigned.
- Supervises student clinical experiences in long-term care, acute care and/or community health settings as assigned.
- Engages with students to provide a meaningful presence in their clinical learning and in their achievement of course outcomes.
- Provides current course content, in collaboration with the Nurse Educator Faculty, that is informative, well organized and supports student learning and success.
- Follows program procedures for lab activities and clinical remediation.
- Evaluates student performance in nursing lab, clinical, and simulation, using approved program student evaluation tools.
- Communicates students' clinical and lab progress, concerns, and absences to the Dean/Nurse Administrator and Nurse Educator Faculty.
- Creates a learning environment for students inclusive of diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Completes instructional duties, reports, and paperwork assigned.
- Keeps professionally current by participating in professional development and other activities.
- Maintains current credentials or licensures and immunizations as required by the program.
- Creates and maintains a positive learning environment that focuses on safety, respect of clients and colleagues, and effective communication.
- Models professional nursing practices and behaviors for students.
- Complies with all Board policies and administrative regulations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum and Desired Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Computer Skills, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Three (3) years of recent full-time experience as a registered nurse in an acute, community based or long-term care setting
- A current unencumbered registered nurse license in the State of Oregon, or a current unencumbered RN license in another state and ability to be licensed in the State of Oregon prior to assignment start date
- Current driver's license, insurance, and the ability to be insured by the college's insurance
- Must have current Health Care Provider CPR card
- Must have documentation of immunizations
- Master's degree in nursing or current enrollment in a master's degree program with a focus in education and graduating within one (1) year of hire
- Experience with curriculum and teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse student
- Previous experience in nursing education with documented coursework in education and/or
- Must be able to work flexible hours with some weekends and/or evenings
- Will be required to submit a drug screen upon hire
- Additional Qualifications and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to
- Knowledge of
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of nursing skills and the role of the scope of practice for a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Knowledge of methods of assessment and evaluation of student's nursing skills and care of client in a clinical setting.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically
- diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently in handling multiple tasks, priorities and changing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to utilize a computer and any necessary software
- Working Conditions and Important Information
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a computer terminal. Visual eye strain and repetitive hand/wrist motion for data entry and keyboarding functions.
See ADA/ADAAA (Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments Act) Physical Requirements Section on file in Human Resources for other usual and customary physical requirements.
Salary placement will be based on applicable education and/or years of relevant full-time equivalent experience at the sole discretion of the College, per the guidelines in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement. Please include all relevant education and full and part-time experience in your application that you want the College to review towards potential placement. Hired employees will not have an opportunity to update past education and/or experience or appeal initial placement after the time of hire.
MHCC only accepts applications through our online application system at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mhcc/default.cfm. For technical assistance, please call 855-524-5627.
Please note: We do not request or read letters of recommendation. Also, it is not necessary to upload a large number of documents with your materials. We are looking for the required documents. Faculty applications require a current resume, cover letter and official transcripts (copies are fine for application purposes) and/or any required certificates or licenses.
Please note: this is initially a self-screening system. We recognize that our application process can be lengthy, so before you begin, please read all of the stated requirements to determine if you meet them. Applicants must meet all of the stated minimum qualifications and additional requirements to be considered for this position. Based on your responses to the qualifying questions, the system may automatically screen you out from further consideration.
Position subject to budget consideration and approval.
Final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
MHCC is NOT able to support Visa applications for employment at the college. Applicants must already be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
MHCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235; OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting as verification of eligibility a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension to your application. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
If you are seeking this preference, appropriate documentation must be provided at the time of application. You may submit an electronic copy in the document upload area of the application in the section marked "veterans' preference document," or fax to 503-491-7257 or mail to Human Resources, Mt. Hood Community College, Gresham, OR 97030. If you do not have your documentation, you may request it through your Veterans' Administration Office.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and interview process. Please notify Human Resources at least three working days prior to the date of need.
Mt. Hood Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively supports workforce diversity.