Mount Hood Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic (part-time application pool)
at Mount Hood Community College
- Job Summary and Responsibilities/Duties
This application pool has been established for possible openings that may arise throughout the year. Pools are posted based on the possible availability of future assignments, which may be sporadic. If an opening becomes available, the hiring manager will contact applicants of interest from this pool.Provides general maintenance support for all building, fixtures and mechanisms at MHCC based on work orders and on-call emergencies. Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment, assists in highly skilled maintenance projects and set-up of events, and does related work as required.
- Responsible for plumbing commercial urinals, toilets, sinks, fixtures, drinking fountains, etc.
- Locksmiths door hardware service and repair.
- Services and maintains fire extinguishers and records.
- Installs blackboards, white boards, bulletin boards, pictures, etc.
- Welds, burns MIG/TIG stick, brazes, designs and fabricates various projects.
- Maintains and repairs building, siding, painting, wood repairs, etc.
- Prepares job estimates on various projects for any capital expenses on work order jobs throughout the campus.
- Maintains interior and exterior lighting.
- Maintains internal and external campus signage such as directional and roadway, nameplates and event banners.
- Performs technical tasks in the set-up of special events.
- Performs any maintenance or repairs through out the College district.
- Operates college vehicles or equipment as required.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum and Desired Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of experience performing as a maintenance mechanic
- Technical and/or business knowledge
- Current driver license, insurance and the ability to be insured by the college insurance carrier
- Additional Qualifications and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Must obtain a forklift license within six months of employment.
- Working Conditions and Important Information
Frequent exposure to hazardous materials, weather or potentially dangerous situations.
MHCC only accepts applications through this online application system. For assistance with this, please call 877-204-4442.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess (even if you are repeating information from your resume or cover letter). Applications will be rejected if incomplete. Do not say, "See Resume," for instance.
Your cover letter should address how you meet the qualifications and why you think you would be the best person for the position.
When you apply for the position, you will get to the document upload area where you will be given an opportunity to attach your documents. Instructions will also be found there. Please note: We do not accept or read letters of recommendation. Also, it is not necessary to upload a large number of documents with your materials. We are looking for the required document and no more than one or two optional documents of your choosing.
The College reserves the right to request proof of degree or certification at a later date if these documents are required as part of the qualifications for the position.
Final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
MHCC is NOT able to support Visa applications for employment at the college. Applicants must already be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and interview process. Please notify Human Resources at least three working days prior to the date of need.
Mt. Hood Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively supports workforce diversity.