Mount Hood Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor- Medical Assistant/ Office Program (Part-Time)
at Mount Hood Community College
- Job Summary and Responsibilities/Duties
- JOB SUMMARY:A part time instructor's primary responsibility is to provide high quality instruction so that each student may meet learning outcomes. An instructor is also responsible for working with the dean and colleagues to improve student learning experiences
- Help advance the role and goals of a comprehensive community college.
- Teach classes that support a range of community college courses, which may include developmental, transfer, or career-technical courses.
- Create a learning environment for students inclusive of diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Collaborate with faculty within the medical office program to promote communication, coordinate programs, and support student success.
- Prepare clear learning outcomes for each course and inform students of learning outcomes in a course syllabus.
- Post and keep office hours to be available to students for assistance outside the classroom.
- Keep professionally current by participating in professional development and other activities; maintain current credentials or licensures as required by program or accreditation.
- Complete instructional duties, reports, and paper work assigned by the director of the program or dean in a timely manner.
- Incorporate, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology in classroom, distance learning, laboratory and office environments.
- Maintain and emphasize safe working conditions and practices.
- Comply with all Board policies and administrative regulations.
- Minimum and Desired Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Working Conditions and Important Information
Salary placement will be based on applicable education and/or years of relevant equivalent experience at the sole discretion of the College, per the guidelines in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement. Please include all relevant education and full and part-time experience in your application that you want the College to review towards potential placement. Hired employees will not have an opportunity to update past education and/or experience or appeal initial placement after the time of hire.
MHCC only accepts applications through our online application system at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mhcc/default.cfm. For technical assistance with this, please call 855-524-5627.
Please note: We do not request or read letters of recommendation. In addition, it is not necessary to upload a large number of documents with your materials. We are looking for the required documents and perhaps one or two additional documents of your choosing (optional). Faculty applications require a current resume, cover letter and official transcripts (copies are fine for application purposes) and/or any required certificates or licenses.
Please note: this is initially a self-screening system. We recognize that our application process can be lengthy, so before you begin, please read all of the stated requirements to determine if you meet them. Applicants must meet all of the stated minimum qualifications and additional requirements to be considered for this position. Based on your responses to the qualifying questions, the system may automatically screen you out from further consideration.
Final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
MHCC is NOT able to support Visa applications for employment at the college. Applicants must already be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
MHCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235; OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting as verification of eligibility a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension to your application. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
If you are seeking this preference, appropriate documentation must be provided at the time of application. You may submit an electronic copy in the document upload area of the application in the section marked "veterans' preference document," or fax to 503-491-7257 or mail to Human Resources, Mt. Hood Community College, Gresham, OR 97030. If you do not have your documentation, you may request it through your Veterans' Administration Office.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and interview process. Please notify Human Resources at least three working days prior to the date of need.
Mt. Hood Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively supports workforce diversity.