Molalla River SD 35
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Molalla River SD 35
6 hrs per day/ 5 days per week/ Anticipated 178 day work year
Anticipated Start Date: August 31, 2020
Wage Range based on 2020-2021 Wage Schedule
Position Serves Molalla Elementary School
JOB GOAL: Under direct supervision of a licensed teacher, performs a variety of tasks assisting the teacher in the development of an instructional program by working with students individually or in small/large groups; prepare instructional materials, maintain classroom discipline, and conduct planned activities using teacher-designated methods and materials; some positions require aptitude and skill in working with the particular disabilities or learning needs of students.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent as required by OAR 581-37-030, Oregon Department of Education
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with students and staff
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- In an ESL/migratory position, ability to be bilingual in Spanish, English, or other languages as specified by the administration (speak, read, and write)
- Ability to supervise individual or groups of students in an instructional setting without constant teacher oversight; work in a team situation
- Ability to deliver instructional programs to students who have moderate to severe learning and physical disabilities and/or social behavior problems
- Ability to work effectively in an environment which can be both physically and emotionally fatiguing; perform physically demanding requirements of the job
- Ability to work with students who may exhibit aggressive behavior, as required of specific job assignment
- Ability to work with students who require attention to basic feeding and personal hygiene needs, as required by specific job assignment
- Possess knowledge of English usage, mathematics, and a basic understanding of the subjects in which this position is to provide assistance
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid First Aid card including HIV training
- Ability to type accurately; operate standard office equipment such as computer, copier, and word processor; and operate audio-visual equipment
- Perform physical requirements which may include:
Moderate degree of physical stamina
Frequent standing, walking, bending
Physically restraining a student as needed
Possible exposure to bodily fluids in assisting students with using rest rooms and in tending to injury and illness
- Such alternative to the above requirements as the School Board or the Administration may deem appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Assist teachers in the planning and implementing of learning experiences of students enrolled in programs; confer with teacher to provide feedback on student performance, progress, and testing activities
- Assist the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities
- Assist in the instruction of students in group or one-on-one settings, often without direct teacher supervision; revise lesson plan or teaching strategy during instructional activity as necessary to achieve IEP goals and objectives
- Provide for the identified physical needs of students such as toileting, feeding, therapy, and other related needs
- Ability to maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students and staff
- Assist in monitoring classroom management in accordance with the district's discipline procedures, which may include the physical restraint, physical movement, lifting and carrying of students
- Supervise students in and outside of the classroom with an understanding of and provision for a safe environment
- Perform various clerical functions in student record keeping, monitor assignments, IEP development, maintain accurate files, and other related functions
- Assist with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, and play periods
- Assist with large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story telling
- Read to students, listen to students read, and participate in other forms of oral communication with students
- Check notebooks, correct papers, and supervise testing and make up work as assigned by the teacher
- Handle discipline problems in accordance with the district's discipline procedures
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students
- Alert the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student
- Serve as the chief of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher
- Participate in in-service programs as assigned
- Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may seem to be appropriate to the Board or Administration.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, BONDING, AND/ORTESTING REQUIRED:
- Possess and maintain a valid First Aid card.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)