Michael Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Lead - Farm, Maintenance, and Shops
at Michael Foods, inc.
This Maintenance Lead position with Michael Foods repairs and maintains machinery/mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines by performing the duties below.The right candidate for this position possesses the ability to troubleshoot, multitask, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance in relation to production scheduling and/or time volunteered for.
- Fabricates parts, shields and or various other components as needed using welder, acetylene torch, power tools and or various other fabrication devices.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Follow all LOTO safety procedures and ensure all safety shields are in place.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Uses skid loader and/or heavy equipment machinery to repair and/or replace overhead equipment items, as well as replacement of light bulbs and/or lighting units as needed.
- Lubricates and cleans parts as part of preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all equipment up to applicable code.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Maintains adequate supplies for necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Schedules preventative maintenance and equipment service with vendors.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Maintains emergency back-up electrical system in full operational state at all times. Be part of an on call rotation where you will need to understand and respond to off-duty alarms in reasonable timeframes.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deals with employee issues and concerns as they arise. Assists supervisor in employee reviews.
- Directly leads 5 employees per day. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws in the absence of the Supervisor or Manager. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work, monitoring work performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Performs or assists subordinates in performing duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years experience working within a maintenance environment
- Leadership experience preferred, not required
- Strong communication abilities, both verbally and written in English