McMillen Jacobs Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Civil Engineer (Water Resources- Water Supply and Treatment)
at McMillen Jacobs Associates
- 15-Nov-2019 (MST)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world. We are currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to join our growing Water Resources Division. Desired work locations for this role include Boise, Sacramento, Denver, Portland, Seattle or Vancouver BC, but other locations may be considered depending on the experience of the candidate. The candidate will provide expertise in water intake design, water supply and pipeline conveyance, and water treatment engineering to work on a variety of projects in the fields of mainly municipal and industrial water supply and treatment systems, fisheries, pipeline and penstock, large dewater, and hydropower facilities.
- Evaluation and design of water infrastructure projects and other civil engineering support tasks. Design experience should include familiarity with treatment facilities and/or distribution/conveyance facilities
- Develop detailed designs, plans, and specifications for infrastructure projects, including water and wastewater system pipeline conveyance, pump station design for municipal and industrial clients, and water treatment process design
- Work with other project team members in the collection and analysis of field data, as-built plans and engineering reports to establish existing conditions and identify project design criteria
- Conduct analysis of water, wastewater and recycled water mechanical systems, including coordination with equipment suppliers/venders to develop recommendations for rehabilitation or replacement projects
- Prepare or oversee preparation of planning reports, bid-set drawings and specifications, and Engineer's construction cost estimates for various water, recycled water and wastewater infrastructure projects
- Develop project Scopes of Work and conduct or participate in workshops and meetings with clients, maintain project budgets and schedules when working as the Design Project Manager
- Preparation of drainage, soil erosion and sediment control, utility relocation, right-of-way, staging and construction plans, specifications and engineering estimates for water resources projects
- Develop, manage and maintain internal and external client relationships
- Project and Task Management effectively manage multi-discipline teams for a wide range of water resources projects and tasks
- Staff Supervision provide for staff growth in a respectful, collaborative manner that promotes positive team spirit
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University (MS degree preferred)
- 10 to 15 + years of experience in civil, water supply and treatment engineering
- PE Required; NCEES registration preferred
- Demonstrated experience with heavy civil / water resource infrastructure including water and wastewater conveyance, water treatment engineering, storm water conveyance, civil grading, pump station design, and , hydropower systems design
- Experience with civil design software including AutoCAD is preferred
- Strong communication, technical and analytical skills
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service engineering, environmental, and construction firm in the transportation, heavy civil underground, water resources, hydropower, and fisheries, markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients with over 430 staff members from 21 offices located in four countries, our superior technical skills include: geotechnical, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering; tunnel and underground project engineering; hydraulics and hydrology. We also have leading professionals in design and construction-related services for underground tunnels and stations, large-diameter wastewater and water tunnels and pipelines, heavy rail, light rail; fisheries; hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation; as well as claims and dispute resolution.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For additional company information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.mcmjac.com