McMillen Jacobs Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid-level to Senior Dam Safety Engineer (Water Resources)
at McMillen Jacobs Associates
- 11-Nov-2019 (MST)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding dam safety work with clients in the USA and Canada. We have an immediate need for a mid-level to Senior Dam Safety Engineer to join our growing Water Resources Division. The position will be located in Portland, Oregon or Boise, Idaho. Other locations may be considered, depending on the experience of the candidate. The ideal candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a strong background in the civil, structural, hydrological and/or geotechnical aspects of dam safety evaluations and design. In addition to dam safety related work in the USA and Canada, this professional will support analysis and design work for new and existing dams, and water resources facilities. The selected candidate will be responsible for reviewing and coordinating new and remedial designs, foundation improvements, structural analyses, and hydrologic and hydraulic studies, as they relate to dam safety. Our dam safety engineers work directly with our clients, so we are looking for someone with extraordinary client and regulatory experience.
- Perform dam safety related work, including annual operation inspections and FERC Part 12D inspections
- Oversee dam safety related geotechnical evaluations of dams
- Develop dam safety related geotechnical monitoring and testing programs, and analyze the results
- Write all types of dam safety reports including FERC required DSSMRs, ODSPs and STI documents.
- Mentor junior staff on all aspects of dam safety
- Marketing of professional services, proposal writing, cost estimating, and project scheduling
- Manage clients, projects and deliverables. Conduct and/or coordinate dam safety related geotechnical/structural analytical functions including stability, seepage, bearing capacity, and settlement analysis, and/or hydrological studies using industry standard software
- Lead the development of remedial designs for earth and rockfill embankment dams, concrete gravity dams, and various other water-impounding structures
- Assist in the selection and qualification of subcontractors (specifically for dam safety related activities)
- Coordinate the development of construction and engineering cost estimates for dam safety projects
- Provide dam safety training to clients.
- Present findings and training to elected utility Boards.
- B.S. required, in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering (MS preferred)
- Professional Engineers License required
- 8+ years of engineering consulting experience which includes FERC Part 12, dam safety evaluations, and dam engineering design and analysis
- Significant knowledge of federal and state dam safety standards/guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proposal development
- Knowledge of design software such as AutoCAD, GeoStudio (SLOPE/W, etc.), AllPile, Rocscience, and/or HEC-RAS etc.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service engineering, environmental, and construction firm in the transportation, heavy civil underground, water resources, hydropower, and fisheries, markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients with over 430 staff members from 21 offices located in four countries, our superior technical skills include: geotechnical, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering; tunnel and underground project engineering; hydraulics and hydrology. We also have leading professionals in design and construction-related services for underground tunnels and stations, large-diameter wastewater and water tunnels and pipelines, heavy rail, light rail; fisheries; hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation; as well as claims and dispute resolution.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For additional company information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.mcmjac.com