Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Yield Engineering Intern
at Maxim Integrated
Yield Engineering Intern
Non-Manager - Entry-Level (0+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.3 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
As part of the Summer Internship Program, you’ll be given opportunities to learn, grow and have fun. Interns can expect:
- Meaningful projects that you drive and own
- Mentorship and support from working professionals
- Collaboration with experienced professionals to solve current challenges
- Social and networking opportunities with interns across the U.S.
- Career and personal development workshops
- Learning opportunities with Maxim’s CEO and other executives
- Company sponsorship to participate in sports leagues, community activities, and races
- The opportunity to present your project work to all Maxim employees at an “Intern Symposium” event near the end of the summer
- Do well and you may be offered a full-time offer with Maxim upon graduation!
Maxim is seeking a Yield Engineering Intern to provide support to Manufacturing Operations during a 12-week summer assignment. Yield Engineering Interns provide support to Manufacturing Operations by optimizing the performance of manufacturing processes for analog/mixed-signal silicon device fabrication.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and monitoring statistical process control (SPC) metrics to improve quality?
- Evaluation of material based on defect measurements and electrical tests
- Problem solving to improve semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Working in a clean room environment
- Statistical data analysis and data mining
- Focus projects to improve efficiency
- Documentation of manufacturing process details
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 for undergraduate?and?graduate-level coursework
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Coursework related to semiconductor process technology.
Experience with electrical measurements and data analysis
Superb computer and math skills, including statistics.
Proficient with Visual Basic, Python, Java or similar programming language ?
Able to communicate with audience at any technical level
Adaptable, detail-oriented, practical thinker, and problem solver who is a quick learner and has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Self-starter with a strong worth ethic who will thrive in a dynamic 24/7 operation
0% - 10%