Lane Education Service District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Assistant, Lane School Program, .875 FTE
at Lane Education Service District
This position works under the direction of a licensed teacher in a manner consistent with the requirements of state and federal law, and local district policy and procedures. The position supports the implementation of educational programs designed to meet the needs of students with emotional/behavioral disorders.
Lane School is a short-term behavioral and academic day school designed for students kindergarten to grade 8 in Lane County who have been identified with an emotional/behavioral disorder and are experiencing significant behavioral, social, and academic difficulties. Students are referred by their resident school district. Lane School is a reintegration program designed to transition students back to their home school.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and school staff is required.
- The ability to follow teacher direction, including written instructional and behavior plans is required.
- Experience working in a public school or community setting with students with at risk students or student with emotional/behavioral disorders is preferred.
- First/Aid/CPR card is preferred.
- Assist the classroom teacher in the planning and implementation of instructional activities, including special strategies for reinforcing material or skills.
- Implement instructional strategies that promote skill development and student independence.
- Collect data as instructed by classroom teacher. Confer with the teacher to provide feedback on student performance, progress, and testing activities.
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with students.
- Assist in monitoring classroom management in accordance with district discipline procedures.
- Implement behavior support plans using appropriate strategies and techniques as specified in the student’s behavior support plan.
- Supervise students in school and settings to ensure student and staff safety.
- Maintain confidentiality of information about students and staff
- Prepare and organize materials to support teaching and learning
- Be a cooperative and supportive member of the staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete all job activities in compliance with district policy and procedures.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:00 AM -
Sunday, October 20, 2019 5:00 PM
(Pacific Standard Time)