Lane Education Service District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavior and Autism Consultant
at Lane Education Service District
Primary qualifications for this position include:
- Possess a valid Oregon Special Education teaching license.
- Three years successful experience working with students with emotional or behavioral disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorders.
- Experience in developing behavior support plans and interventions based on positive, non-aversive approaches.
- Experience with assessment, OEP development and program implementation with student with behavior disorders and/or students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Skill in using standard office productivity tools (email, electronic calendar, work processing etc.)
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to carry out the job responsibilities.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with students, parents and staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with student, staff and/or parent information.
- May be required to possess a valid First Aid/CPR Card(s).
The key responsibilities of this position include:
1. Provide training, coaching, and technical assistance on intensive behavior supports to Lane ESD program staff, component district staff, and parents.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of behavior support plans.
- Conduct student observations for the purpose of developing behavior support plans, assess implementation of existing plan.
- Maintain accurate records of behavioral data.
- Regularly review and analyze behavioral data to inform team decision-making and plan modifications.
2. Assist in the transition and maintenance of students to appropriate local district placement.
3. Consult with teams on specific student programming by providing curriculum modifications and accommodations, individualized structure, schedules and customized materials.
- Provide recommendations for curriculum materials and appropriate modifications and demonstrate instructional or behavioral support techniques.
- Conduct student observations for the purpose of developing curricular recommendations and modifications. 5. Submit documentation of service delivery and other program reports as required.
4. Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings and IEP meetings as appropriate to determine appropriate Individual Education Programs.
5. Submit documentation of service delivery and other program reports as required.
6. Attned Special Education and other staff meetings as required.
7. Assist in coordinating programs and services within school districts and with external agencies as needed.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 1, 2019 12:00 AM -
Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:00 PM
(Pacific Standard Time)