LaCrosse Footwear, inc

Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.

Human Resources Coordinator

at LaCrosse Footwear, inc

Posted: 10/23/2018
Job Reference #: 596
Keywords: office

Job Description

Location:
Portland, OR

Job Code:
596

# of openings:
1

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY OF AN HR COORDINATOR:

This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Corporate building, Danner Factory Store, Danner DC, and Indy DC, with the support of the HR Manager, in areas including, recruitment, staffing, employee relations, safety, records maintenance, and benefits.


ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:

  • Administers various employee programs such as life, medical/dental, vision, AD&D, PTO, 401K.
  • Coordinates human resources procedures to initiate benefits.
  • Prepares and communicates new hire on boarding paperwork.
  • Assists Hiring Manager with recruitment of open positions.
  • Processes required documents through payroll, and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Inputs and maintains Human Resource Information System records.
  • Processes monthly billings from assigned insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with appropriate carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
  • Coordinate and update random drug screens and payment for successfully passing them.
  • Files papers and documents into appropriate files. Prepares new employee files.
  • Administers employee recognition programs (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
  • Provides support for employees and management in regards to employee questions, concerns, or other employee relations issues.

OTHER FUNCTIONS:

  • Other duties as assigned

POSITION REQUIREMENTS:

  • A bachelor's degree is preferred
  • 1+ yrs of HR experience, or equivalent.
  • Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
  • Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws
  • Highest standards of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information
  • Excellent organization & communication skills
  • Ability to remain flexible and able to adapt and respond to changing situations; ability to work well under pressure
  • Ability to work in a team environment
  • Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company's Core Values


PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job duties satisfactorily. This position requires the employee to sit for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel or reach. The sensory requirements for this position include vision, hearing, and touch.   The employee in this position must frequently exercise regular use of good judgment and be able to work with minimal supervision.

TOOLS/EQUIPMENT USED: Advanced PC skills required include: general working knowledge of Word/Excel and Outlook. Ceridian experience preferred or other HRIS system knowledge.
 


REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports directly to the HR Manager.


WORK ENVIRONMENT: 90% of work time is spent in a general office environment with the other 10% working in distribution and factory settings. 


All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.

All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.